Feed 'n Lead
Corporate Team Building Program
Feed ‘n Lead is the Houston Food Bank’s professional team building program, which connects corporate groups with the Houston Food Bank’s mission of leading the fight against hunger, while providing a high-quality team building experience. The Houston Food Bank hosts multiple programs in which participants may run during their half-day Feed ‘n Lead session, one of which is Backpack Buddy.
Backpack Buddy bags are given on Friday afternoons to food-insecure children (children who can't count on having enough food to eat at home when school is not in session). These bags provide nutrition to last through the weekend. Corporate teams enter a room stocked with all necessary supplies and produce as many complete bags as possible in a limited period of time. After an initial round and a debriefing with a trained facilitator, the team has the opportunity to apply lessons learned to a more successful round two. The facilitator focuses on the group's specific needs in a wrap-up discussion that includes insights and takeaways.
- What will your group get out of Feed ‘n Lead?
- Experience professional team building
- Contribute to healthy children in Houston
- Gain critical thinking and problem solving experience
- Set your own goals and achieve them
- Gain a greater understanding of one another
- Allow for natural leaders and followers to shine
- Participate in a unique team building experience only found at the Houston Food Bank
Contact Tony Holmes on our Volunteer Engagement team to learn more: 713-547-8651.